Monday, February 20, 2006

Busy Sunday

Wow! Yesterday was a really full Sunday. Bishopric Meeting 8:15 a.m. P.E.C. Meeting both of us 10:00 a.m. Gma to speak in Sacrament meeting so she went home to revise her talk at 11:15 a.m. 12:30 begin block meetings. (Before that I did two callings and a release) I conduct the meetings, Gma gives great talk on Temple Blessings at Sacrament Meeting. Convert baptism at 4:00 p.m. (I conduct Gma gives closing prayer) Bishop's disciplinary council at 5:00 to 6:15 p. m
I get home at 6:30, wolf down a sandwich (first food since 7:30 a.m.) We had spent a lot of time Saturday preparing for a Bishop's Fireside at our house. So fireside started at 7:00 p.m. I did this thing I had sort of done when I was bishop before and had several copies of a Beverly Doolittle painting that depicted a couple of horsemen in the woods with hidden pictures of indians all around in the trees and rocks, etc. (there were 15 at least) We had divided everyone in teams of 2 and had them stick pins in the indians with prizes to the most found. Then for the lesson, I asked about indians in our lives. How they are hidden and are a danger to us. Then we had shakes, sundaes, etc. for dessert and then we played a game sort of like musical chairs where people told something about themselves and everyone who had not had that experience had to find a new chair. It was fun and we finally broke up around 9:15 p.m. Long day. So I thought I'd share our Sabbath with you. (Most of them are not quite so busy)

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Isn't it interesting that sometimes Sunday is one of our busiest days? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds like a busy day. Boy, can Greg relate to that. He was at church from 6 am until 3 and then came home and had a quick bite to eat, then finished getting everything ready for the fireside at our house, then at 6 BYC at our house, 7 Greg gives the fireside at our house. We figure though, there is a time and season for everything. We are busy right now, but it enables others to have a day of rest. Plus, I don't think busy necessarily means you are not keeping the Sabbath, sometimes you are so engaged in the Lord's work, you can't sit down.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Apeface said...

I'm glad you guys made it through your busy Sunday intact!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home