Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Great Experiences

We've had two very excellent experiences this last week. Thursday night we attended the presentation "Savior of the World" at the Conference Center Theater. It's about the fourth time we've seen it but each time it is so very spiritual. They make a few changes each year and it is so well done. We are continually amazed at the plethora of talent in this area. Sunday night we went to the Conference Center to view the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. We normally opt to stay home and watch on TV. We had an opportunity to go with some friends so took them up on the offer. Although it was freezing cold walking from Social Hall Avenue, where we parked, it was so good to be in the room with the prophet. When he quoted First Nephi, we could see that he was not reading it on a prompter or from the podium. He was quoting from memory. At that age I will feel very fortunate if I can remember who I am. There are some advantages to living in Zion.

5 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Did you see the woman who tried to run up and give Pres. Hinckley some "very important" information she had found on the internet? Scary

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Deanna said...

I wish we could attend events like those. That's definitely one of the benefits of living in Utah. Glad you enjoyed them.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger GmaGpa said...

Yes, we did see the woman and they removed her so fast I don't think her feet touched the ground all the way up the aisle and out of the conference center.
There was also a suspicious package in a seat not too far from us and they examined and took it out.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Man, how do you people here about all things crazy things happening? Anyways, that sounds awesome. That is a cd we listen each Christmas and love. Greg and I hope to see it in person someday. When is your 50th anniversary? Is it two more years? That is amazing about President Hinckley.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Auntie Ann said...

Their 50th anniversary is in 2008. I was 2 when they were married and I am now .... ugh!can I say 49? I will be the same year Rick and I celebrate our 30th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home