Saturday, December 17, 2005

Diet rersults, part II

I thought it might be interesting to pass on the reults of G'ma's dedication and hard work. We went to the Dr. to get the results of her blood test and he was nearly jumping up and down. He said it was so rare that he saw someone actually bring thier "numbers" down with diet. All of her readings were in the normal or better range. This was after a 30 pound weight loss. I'm impressed!! However, there is not going to be a let up. She is determined to continue to lose and keep in the normal range.
On a different note, we are anticipating our very short vacation to Las Vegas to see BYU play California in the Las Vegas Bowl. Sue and Peter are going too. We offered game tickets in lieu of their Christmas checks and they jumped at the chance. In fact, Pete, is counting December 22 as Christmas Day.
In case we don't blog again soon.....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

5 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Deanna said...

Way to go Gma!! That is incredibly impressive! Hopefully I'll join you with the 30 lb. weight loss this year!!

Hope you have a super Christmas and have fun at the football game.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Apeface said...

That's great Gma! It's so exciting to hear such great results. I hope you guys have a fun Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I am inspired. You mean it can actually be done, and done by someone in my family with similar genes?!! I am so happy for you, but I am more happy for me. I am glad that you are more healthy and happy, but I hope this change in lifestyle means you will be around a lot longer in this life for me to enjoy. Way to go! Have fun in Las Vegas.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That is great news! Way to go! When we're not there to really see what you're doing, you make it look so easy! Or maybe it has been!

Shane is really looking forward to being able to watch the game on TV, I'm sure he wishes he could be there with you.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Congrats!! That is fantastic. And, in my experience, I think that it's not rare for this to happen with diet, it's rare that someone follows a diet enough that it works, if that makes sense. I have to say that I am impressed. It's hard enough for me to lose the 10 pounds of "marriage" weight that I've gained!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home