Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday

April I do a lot better teaching than playing the piano! Wish I was as talented as you are. The main thing I do as a teacher is ask questions and let the class teach themselves.

I do like not having to get up so early on Sundays and not having 20 people wanting my attention before and after Church! It's nice to have some time to really study the scriptures. Not that I am that good at it but hopefully that will continue to improve.

G'pa is really doing well. He goes back to the doctor Tuesday for a check but he seems to be doing fine. Actually there has been very little taking care of anybody with this round of surgerys. Eye surgery just requires drops and some protection for a week or so.

With Thanksgiving upon us, I am so grateful for our family. You are all such good people. When G'pa and I think of how different it would have been without the gospel in our lives...
Hope you all have a great holiday.

3 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Auntie Ann said...

I agree with G'ma. Give me a class to teach, not a piano. Of course no one would want me at the piano. I also think we have a pretty great family (even if they don't comment on blogs as often as they used to.)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I have taught Gospel Doctrine twice now. It is one of my favorite callings ever. I have also played piano for relief society, which I didn't enjoy as much, but I am not nearly as talented as April in that. Glad g'pa is doing well. We hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Apeface said...

Thanks, but I think the spiritual talent it takes to teach a class is much more impressive than the worldy talent it takes me to play the piano!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home